Interested in long distance backpacking? Come to an ALDHA-West Ruck! New presentation topics in 2017 will be of interest to both new and experienced long distance hikers.Speakers and activities this year include:
- Trail Nutrition with Aria Zoner
- Trail Ettiquette with Allgood and Snorkel
- Ultralight gear panel with experienced thru-hikers
- Section hiking the PCT in Oregon with Eli Boschetto
- Pack shakedowns
- Jeff "Legend" Garmire share his experience hiking the Calendar Year Triple Crown
- Trail breakout sessions specific to the PCT, PNT, CDT, JMT, and Wonderland Trail - ask questions and learn more about your upcoming hike!
- Used gear sale and food swap (see below for info)
Breakfast and lunch included!
Click here for complete event schedule
On site vendors and organizations:
Gossamer Gear, Montbell, Friends of the Columbia Gorge, Purple Rain Adventure Skirts, PCTA Mt Hood Chapter, Next Adventure, Mountain Shop, PNTA, Six Moon Designs, hikertrash, Oregon Desert Trail, book signing by Eli Boschetto, and Girl Scout cookies!
If you wish to stay in Cascade Locks overnight, the Best Western Columbia River Inn (541-374-8777) is offering a special rate for ALDHA-West Ruck attendees. Must book by Feb 15.
Riverview guestroom with two queen beds $116.99+tax
Hillside guestroom with one king bed $103.49+tax
Used Gear Sale:
Have some used gear you want to sell? Bring it along! Looking to pick up some affordable gear? Bring some cash! Connect directly with other attendees.
Bring 5 or more portions of home created goods that you are prepared to part with (they can all be the same thing or a mix). Normally, these food swaps are all homemade, but if you have a ton of pre-made bars or packaged food that you decide you can no longer gag down, it’s ok to bring them to swap, too! Please keep track of all the ingredients, whether it is organic, gluten free, vegan, has nuts, etc. Bring a sample of your food (we can provide hot water to rehydrate homemade dinners as well as cutlery). Then we will swap!